Veggie sausage and chickpea bake from Tinned Tomatoes

Wednesday 13 May 2015
Yum
Week three's weigh in was a good one.  You may have noticed that I didn't share last week's.  This wasn't because it was bad... it just wasn't very impressive at -0.2lbs.  A bit gutting on only the second weigh in and there was no particular reason for it.  I'd followed the plan, I'd done the right things even though I was going a bit crazy in chicken pox season.  Anyway this week made up for that with a whopping 2.8lbs off.  Much better.

So now time to share the recipe.  Kind of - as I'm going to send you elsewhere for the ingredients and the instructions.

I love the recipes over on Jac's blog, Tinned Tomatoes.  It's a great resource for vegetarian and vegan recipes and one of those blogs that I've followed for a very long time.  When her recipe for Roasted Vegetable, Sausage and Chickpea Bake popped up, I was sold.  It was good timing - while I was starting to think about how to start back propointing it was ideal, featuring a lot of vegetables to help me to feel full (most vegetables are 'free' on the Weight Watchers diet) and would get me out of a bit of a rut with sausages.  I really only make Veggie Toad in the Hole with them.  This could well replace it as it is one of those great meals where you just put it all in a tray in the oven and leave the oven to do the hard work.


I came across Cauliflower sausages recently and I was intrigued.  I am still on the hunt for the elusive perfect veggie sausage and if you are also on the look, you really should give these or the bean sausages a try.  Totally different and extremely tasty - and only 2pp per sausage.  My only frustration with them is that they didn't brown particularly well - or picture brilliantly.  Thankfully - the beautiful vegetables do.


I decided to replace the mushrooms with aubergine as mushrooms aren't so popular with the male contingent.  I also used four of the cauliflower cheese and two Cauldron Lincolnshire sausages for Roo.  It's a perfect baby-led weaning meal, featuring lots of ingredients that she can get to grips with. I did mash her chickpeas a little to stop them being a choking hazard.  



If you don't use the oil and have six Goodlife sausages, this comes to 4pp per sixth.  I had two servings at 9pp, along with a portion of new potatoes.  I wanted the two sausages though - so I need to tweak quantities... or...

... make use of the vegetables in a second meal!  I used 200g of Quorn mince and fried with a few sprays of Frylight. I then added the vegetables and a large handful of spinach and split between the two of us.  This was then  I served over 50g of pasta each.



It made for a very good second meal - definitely going to make this again.  If you want the instructions to make this, please follow the link at the top.  A great meal for baby-led weaning, propointing and leftover meals!
 

©All images and content are copyright Kneadwhine and should not be reproduced without permission in any circumstances. Copyright 2011-2016 Knead Whine |