Foundation

Saturday 25 July 2015
Yum
This last fortnight has been a bit crazy.  I went back to work - for five days before the summer holidays.  It's been odd easing back in after being away for nearly a year but it's been nice doing things that don't involve me solely being Mum.  I've go a lot of work sorted for September and set myself up with a lot of things to read and watch in the next five weeks.  I also ended up eating out four times, having a takeaway and an evening with M and S food.

I've been so busy that it feels like every second has been sucked away from me - blog posts have been impossible and a few other things have gone undone.  Not least the eight episodes of Neighbours awaiting my attention.


We've also had a chance to check out the childcare.  D has had a couple of days at breakfast club and after school club and has complained when I've picked him up.  My worries about him having an extended day appear to be unfounded.  I hope he keeps up the enthusiasm when we go more regularly in September.

We've visited Roo's nursery too - I feel like she has come on so much in the last month that this doesn't feel like as much of a wrench as it could be.  I'm lucky in that I enjoy my job, love my school and don't have to work full time.  I still get to do the baby things with Roo and the school run two days a week.  She's developed so much - crawling everywhere at speed, often with a cheeky grin on her face as she expects me to chase after her.  She's also started trying to pull herself up and managed a few supported steps.  Frightening.  D didn't walk until 21 months so I'm not sure I'm ready!

Yesterday was a bit of a milestone for us.  D finished Foundation (or reception, or foundation two depending on the terminology your local schools use...).  It felt pretty symbolic.   When D started school, Roo was three days old.  She was ever so new and so was our experience of school.  This year has been incredible for him and I'm curious to see what next year means.  He's gone from reading incredibly haltingly to reading so fluently and confidently that he needs next to no help.  Reading has really opened up the world for him - he's reading fiction but also enjoying finding out about various periods from history and a lot of information about Space.  I can't wait to take him to the National Space Centre in a couple of weeks.


So what else does the summer have in store?  A ridiculous amount really.  We've got a busy five weeks ahead - a trip to the beach, some more Shaun hunting, a smattering of sports events and some Lego sessions.  I'm really looking forward to it.  What will you be doing?
 

©All images and content are copyright Kneadwhine and should not be reproduced without permission in any circumstances. Copyright 2011-2016 Knead Whine |