Leek, mushroom and garlic pasta

Wednesday 16 March 2016
Yum
Hello!  2016 definitely seems to be the year of new.  Having moved into our new house just over a month ago, I decided I needed to have a new challenge.  So I got myself a new job, starting in September.  A little bit out of the blue but very exciting!

Friday nights are the hardest of the week for me to get motivated to cook.  I'm tired.  The kids seem to take a little longer to settle.  I'm ready for something that doesn't take all that long and goes well with a glass of red.

Then I saw a post from Utterly Scrummy that gave me an idea for what to make.  What IS good about Friday is that my Abel and Cole box arrives and the chestnut mushrooms and thyme were calling to me.  This is a comforting meal that is speedily made.  It's probably not the healthiest meal but it's a good Friday night choice.


20g butter
2 crushed garlic cloves
one diced leek, head and root removed
leaves from several thyme sprigs
tablespoon plain flour
50ml single cream
150ml whole milk
200ml veg stock
250g chestnut mushrooms, diced
30g grated mature cheese
150g angel hair pasta
black pepper

Melt the butter in a saucepan.  Sauté the garlic and leek for two minutes gently.  Add the plain flour and thyme leaves and mix well - preventing the flour from sticking to the pan.

Add the vegetable stock, milk, mushrooms and cream and cook over a low heat.

Meanwhile cook the cappellini, following pack instructions.

After ten minutes, mix in the grated cheese.  Drain the pasta and add to the mixture, ensuring that it is all covered with the glorious sauce.

Serve up and eat immediately.  Cover with a girding of black pepper, to taste.

 

©All images and content are copyright Kneadwhine and should not be reproduced without permission in any circumstances. Copyright 2011-2016 Knead Whine |