Stuffed Peppers take 2 - spicy!

Tuesday 13 August 2013
Yum
I'm a little obsessed with stuffed peppers these days. I've made them with simply stir, I've made them I'm Counting UFOs style and now I've made them this way. I had been thinking about halloumi ALL DAY. I had an emergency pack of halloumi light in the fridge but what to do with it? I had 10 propoints left, not quite enough to have the cheese filled stuffed peppers AND halloumi AND a carb. Something had to give. It was the cheese filling  (then later it was the carb too.... halloumi fever).



Stats: - 2 propoints per serving, two servings.

Ingredients: -
2 red peppers  - flat bottoms needed!
40g couscous
80g hot vegetable stock
juice of a lime
half a courgette, finely diced
half a red onion, finely diced
about 20g of finely diced fennel
2 tablespoons tomato puree
2 teaspoons harissa paste

Preheat oven to gas mark 5. Pour the vegetable stock and lime juice over the couscous in a bowl. Cover and leave to expand for ten minutes.

 Mist a frying pan and sweat the vegetables. Once softened (after about eight minutes), add the tomato puree and harissa paste and mix well. Add the couscous.

 Cut the lids off the peppers and remove the pith and seeds from the inside.  Stuff with the couscous mixture.

Cook in the oven for 30 minutes. I served with some mediterranean vegetables and 125g of grilled light halloumi - 8pp.

Vegan without the halloumi.
 

©All images and content are copyright Kneadwhine and should not be reproduced without permission in any circumstances. Copyright 2011-2016 Knead Whine |