Chipotle black bean burgers

Tuesday 7 January 2014
Yum
I love Oh My Veggies.  You know that, right?  Her photography is amazing and some of the ingredient combinations?  Stunning.  One such was this, chipotle black bean burgers.  I did this slightly differently than the original as I added Wahaca's Smoky chipotle sauce as a condiment with the burger rather than adding chipotle to the mixture.  I mixed grains here because I ran out of quinoa - but it's the same propoints value if you only use quinoa.




Stats: - 3 servings, 7 propoints per serving (I put a pro point worth of cheese on the top for this photo here).

1 400g can of black beans, rinsed and drained
40g of quinoa, cooked according to pack instructions
50g of couscous, cooked according to pack instructions
30g dried (or frozen) breadcrumbs
3 minced garlic cloves
1 teaspoon cumin
salt to taste
1 beaten egg

Follow the instructions as provided on Oh My Veggies.  As you can see - D was a fan!

 

©All images and content are copyright Kneadwhine and should not be reproduced without permission in any circumstances. Copyright 2011-2016 Knead Whine |