Porotos Granados

Sunday 2 February 2014
Yum
Hello!  Hope you've had a good weekend.  D went to his first party for a four year old.  This makes me think we probably ought to work out what we're going to do with his birthday in May.  We didn't have one last year so maybe we should this time.

You may have noticed that there wasn't a midweek post this week - this was mostly due to the fact that I just didn't get myself to the post office depot in time to pick up my foodie penpal package.  Well, I got there but then turned around when I saw the queues... I already have this week's post scheduled though, so fear not!

Soupwise I fancied something really quite different this week and landed on this Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall recipe.

I pretty much followed it as the recipe suggested, except I used frylight rather than rapeseed oil and my two cobs came to 140g of sweetcorn.  I used a tin of cannellini beans rather than opting for soaking a mixture overnight.  I'd probably go to the trouble next time.

I also really need to get some sweet paprika - my smoked was probably a little overpowering.




Stats: - 6 servings, 2 propoints per serving.



 

©All images and content are copyright Kneadwhine and should not be reproduced without permission in any circumstances. Copyright 2011-2016 Knead Whine |