Chapatis

Thursday 19 December 2013
Yum
A bit of an easy one this really but worth sharing anyway.  Now and again, a bit of bread is needed to ring the changes.  I recently shared my favourite recipe for naan breads but sometimes, that's just a bit too much effort.  Sometimes, you need food on the table a little quicker than that.  If so, this is the recipe for you.

I made a recent recipe in the Weightwatchers magazine for a dal - I want to give it another try with my own twist before sharing that recipe (although it looks particularly tasty here!)


Stats: - 8 chapatis, 3 propoints each

Sift 250g of wholemeal flour into a large bowl.  Add 250ml of cold water, slowly as you might not need all of it. Knead the dough as you go as the harder you work it, the softer the chapatis will be - I gave up a little too soon here.  
Separate the dough into eight and roll into balls.  Use a rolling pin to flatten and create thinly rolled discs.  
Heat a frying pan and place a disc on it.  Cook for 20-30 seconds, the chapati will start to cook very quickly and bubble up.  At this point, turn over and cook for a further 10-15 seconds.  


Enjoy!  I had two of these rather than my usual garlic rice.
 

©All images and content are copyright Kneadwhine and should not be reproduced without permission in any circumstances. Copyright 2011-2016 Knead Whine |