Cheesy vegetable parcels

Tuesday 17 December 2013
Yum
One of the blogs I love is  The Crazy Kitchen.  It's one of those blogs where I salivate over a lot of it and pass it by knowing I can't really justify it.  Some of the drinks she's posted up recently have looked stunning.  It's not really all that surprising though - I found Helen on the foodies100 list - right at the top.

A recent recipe I just knew I wanted to adapt for WeightWatchers propoints was this one: - cheesy vegetable parcels.  I've had some filo pastry kicking around in the freezer for a little while as a result of a GBBO-fuelled shopping trip and I love vegetables and cheese and pastry, so what's not to love?

I'll be honest, the first time I made them, although they tasted nice, they didn't look pretty.  Not pretty enough to picture.

They tasted good enough to make again the following week though (and make with better filo - the Jus-rol really didn't work out for me... I recommend  JR Feuilles de Filo Pastry instead...)

  I still didn't manage to make them look perfect but they look far better than they did the first time!


I did have some adaptations on the original, in order to bring these in at 6 propoints per two parcels.

I made three servings at 6pp each.

3 sheets of filo pastry
1 pack of Coleman's Season and Steam Med Veg
1 courgette, finely diced
10 mini plum tomatoes
1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
50g grated smoked cheese

I followed the method as laid out in the original recipe, although I used a little bit of the tomato mixture to help stick the edges together and sprayed with a couple of sprays of cooking oil.  I obviously also overstuffed the rolls a bit to make use of the mixture.... which probably didn't help me out...

This is ohsotasty though and I can't wait to try out new fillings for this.  I found this went really well with my garlic rice but I'd have garlic rice with everything if I could.  Seriously.

What would you put in filo?  I still have half a packet that I'd like to use.
 

©All images and content are copyright Kneadwhine and should not be reproduced without permission in any circumstances. Copyright 2011-2016 Knead Whine |