June's small things

Saturday 28 June 2014
Yum
June, as I mentioned here, was a pretty busy month for us but it doesn't mean that we didn't try out a few new foods/places.

First up is the range of Feel Good non-alcoholic cocktail mixes.  I tried both the Peach Bellini and the  Mojito versions.  What's good about them is that they lack sugar and that they are made entirely from natural ingredients.  I also think they'd probably go pretty well with a bit of alcohol should that be something you'd like to do!

I found them a bit of a mixed bag to be honest.  The peach was delicious - and I greatly enjoyed it whilst at a barbecue with friends.  I didn't feel quite so disappointed about missing out on the white wine in the summer.  It was fruity and very easy to drink.  The mojito?  Not so successful.  I do preface this by saying that mojitos aren't my favourite cocktails anyway but I only managed half a glass of this and have had to dump the rest of the bottle.  A bit of a cross between lime juice and Andrew's stomach salts to me.


I got these from Ocado on a special offer but they've stopped selling it.  Tesco currently have it on offer for two bottles for £4.  I'm quite tempted to try the strawberry daiquiri...

My second June thing would go well with the first and it's something that I can't help but diving into. Manomosa's Chipotle and Lime Totopo chips are almost overwhelmingly tasty.  They are very crunchy and possibly some of the best tortilla chips I've ever had.  The lime kick in these ones is really very good.  



Manomasa chips can be found on Ocado at £1.85 a bag.  A little pricier than some of the other options but ohsoworthit in terms of taste.

My Kitchen in Reading has been open for a few months now and I've never quite managed to make it there, although everything about it appeals to me - local sourcing of ingredients, a daily changing menu and some particularly good baked goods - cheese scones and chocolate brownies to name but two.


I can also highly recommend the halloumi wraps - made with sweet chilli sauce and ever so moreish. I've not had halloumi and sweet chill before and it's a combination I really wish I'd discovered sooner.  


Here are two of the chocolatey offerings.  We took cheese scones away with us for breakfast the next day.


The welcome at My Kitchen is fantastic - nothing is too much trouble.  The prices are pretty good too given the quality of the ingredients used.  I recommend it wholeheartedly - and may well have been back since!  
 

©All images and content are copyright Kneadwhine and should not be reproduced without permission in any circumstances. Copyright 2011-2016 Knead Whine |