Review of Cantaloop pregnancy support belt

Sunday 17 August 2014
Yum
As well as the excellent Theraline pregnancy pillow, John Lewis sent me a Cantaloop pregnancy support belt for review.

At the time of arrival, as stated before, I was having a lot of muscular issues in my thigh.  Thankfully these appear to have disappeared but the support belt arrived at just the right time to help with this.


The support belt works to take the weight off the back a little bit, lifting the bump and taking some of the strain.  I found that this was the case with this and I'm sure that as I wore it I was able to walk a little further - so I'm sure that it was helpful.  It provided an extra layer that worked really well under jeans.  I have found that it's a little less successful under dresses or looser clothing.  I think this is because I might have been a little optimistic in sizing and opted for a slightly smaller size than I should have done - I struggled to keep it in the right place.  

The belt grows as your bump grows and is made from textiles that are tested for harmful substances, meaning that you can have confidence in textiles, as the badge on it proclaims.

The support belt has an added bonus of cinching in a little bit and providing slightly smoother lines - thanks to the surgery I had last year, I have the strangest shaped bump with a horizontal line across it.  It's just one of those things that reminds me of last year.  It's one of those things that make Eggy a bit of a miracle in my eyes - there were times when I wasn't sure if I would be 'allowed' to have her.  Anyway, the support belt helps to smooth out that irregularity a little.  Not what the belt is for but a definite bonus nonetheless.

Cantaloop make a range of maternity lingerie and I can see the benefit in many of the products that they make - some of them have achieved Loved by Parents awards and the Prima Baby and Pregnancy awards.  

The support belt is sold for £11 at John Lewis - a very small amount for something that can provide that little bit of support for painful days.  

I was sent this product for the purpose of review - all words and opinions of it are my own.
 

©All images and content are copyright Kneadwhine and should not be reproduced without permission in any circumstances. Copyright 2011-2016 Knead Whine |