Lemon Angel Hair: Quick meals series

Tuesday 30 June 2015
Yum
So, while I may have been a little bit quiet on here, I have actually been working on a few recipes that I want to share with you - meals that get to the table EXTREMELY quickly.  The amount of work needed to get them there is minimal.  I've been working in the evenings and time to come up with flashy ideas wasn't really possible.

I found some great recipes on other blogs that I've made some adjustments to to fit our complicated requirements.  I've pointed them all up and taken some photos I'm rather pleased with and I'm ready to share.  They fit Weight Watchers propoints, worked well with Roo (although I'm yet to meet a food she's turned down!) and they get to the table extremely quickly.  I know I've said that already but this really is the unique selling point of these ones.  

First up is this rather tasty little dish.  It took me less than ten minutes to cook.  One of the quickest meals I've ever made.  I hadn't come across the Spicy Pear before but I'm looking forward to going back and making a proper trawl of the recipes there.  This meal is adapted from there, with two fifths of the mixture being 9 propoints and a fifth of it being a good quantity for Roo.


Serves: two adults and one baby

200g cappellini (also known as angel hair)
Frylight
2 finely chopped cloves of garlic
one lemon, juice and zest
half a teaspoon chilli flakes
five teaspoons of grated parmesan
150g baby spinach

The instructions can be found here.  The differences of note is that I added the spinach in to wilt at the same time as adding the pasta to the frying pan.  

Then enjoy.  If you don't have a teeny to watch stuffing fistfuls in her mouth, I am sorry for you but you can at least enjoy it all to yourself.  

 

©All images and content are copyright Kneadwhine and should not be reproduced without permission in any circumstances. Copyright 2011-2016 Knead Whine |