Foodie penpals August 2013

Tuesday 3 September 2013
Yum
Foodie Penpals is a great concept that I came across about six weeks ago.  The idea is this: -

You are given someone to buy for and someone who will buy for you.  The limit is £10.  You ask them what they like and dislike and then try to come up with some interesting things for them.  You then get a similar package yourself!  

I was matched up with John from Two greedy Mancunians and he sent me a delightful package - very little of which I've tried before! So, here it is in all it's glory: - 



First up, spirulina, dill weed and lime leaves.  I have some idea about what to do with lime leaves but not so much with the others.  I gather spirulina can be used in smoothies and as this is a regular breakfast of mine - I'll give it a try!


Next up was some sweet stuff - Nakd bars which I've only recently commented I'd like to try and some cocoa nibs - I think I'll get this into some baking with D.


I'm intrigued by the veggie haggis - I'm sure this will soon feature in dinner.  Mushroom pate is always a favourite but I've not seen this brand before.  This'll go well with some new fresh bread or some crackers on a Saturday evening.


Sesame sticks are really tasty - D is a huge fan too, so I'm sure we'll end up sharing these (and I'm sure Mr K will be on hand to help too - he's a major snacker).  

Thanks John - lots of new things to try.  If anyone has any good suggestions for the herby stuff, please leave me a comment below.  
 

©All images and content are copyright Kneadwhine and should not be reproduced without permission in any circumstances. Copyright 2011-2016 Knead Whine |