Sometimes things just don't quite go to plan

Friday 20 September 2013
Yum
This was one of those meals that was well planned for and should have turned out reasonably well. I've made Gordon Ramsey's fries before (and I had forgotten that they seem to need at least double the time suggested in the recipe) and I've made burgers before.  Husband bought me Veggie Burgers Every Which Way as an anniversary present and I was really keen to give some of these recipes a try.


I went for the baked falafel burger.  Whilst these two burgers look pretty good, the texture overall was just too dry.  It's something I want to have a play with and improve.

Overall, this meal came to 13 propoints - 7 for the fries, 5 for the burgers and 1 for a quarter of the following yoghurt dip - made with 150g no fat natural yogurt, 1/3 of a cucumber grated, half a finely chopped red onion, juice of half a lemon and about seven mint leaves.

D wolfed this down like there was no tomorrow - chips and dippy dip are usually quite popular and this was no exception.  He kept asking me where the actual burger was - because clearly I'd hidden the beef inside the falafel (!) but this was popular.  Definitely worth revisiting.

 

©All images and content are copyright Kneadwhine and should not be reproduced without permission in any circumstances. Copyright 2011-2016 Knead Whine |