D is FIVE!

Thursday 7 May 2015
Yum
Tomorrow morning, D turns five.  I've just finished wrapping his presents including this very cool Batman alarm clock.  Watching the election results really brings it home.  I can't quite believe it.  The 2010 election will always stick out to me as that time when I stayed up to watch lots of results when I really shouldn't have done.  I was heavily pregnant and due on the 7th but didn't really expect an appearance.  Early the next morning was when D decided to make his appearance.


D, you're amazing.  Ever since that first day when you turned our worlds upside down you've continued to strike forth in sometimes surprising directions.  You are determined and inquisitive and always sure you've got it right.  You have an enquiring mind that generally travels in logical directions - but you like to be a little creative too.  You will often only give me a 'proper' smile if I'll take a silly photo of you first.

You adore your sister and making her laugh is one of your main aims in life.  Although we really weren't sure how the age gap would work or the addition of another little one would work, you've stunned us with your caring nature and how you now also pretend to know what she's saying (even if sometimes that's suggesting that she wants you to watch Ben Ten!).  I'm also amused by the way that you will listen to what we have to say and then repeat it back to us as if it is a fact that only you know.

This year hasn't been the easiest for you, with starting at school and Roo's appearance but I think we've mostly worked through the bumps.

This year you are interested in Ben Ten, Spiderman, Batman, space and you have recently developed a fondness for flicking through cookbooks in the evening.

I love you to pieces, D.

 

©All images and content are copyright Kneadwhine and should not be reproduced without permission in any circumstances. Copyright 2011-2016 Knead Whine |