Hungry Healthy Happy by Dannii Martin

Tuesday 8 March 2016
Yum
I've loved Hungry Healthy Happy for a very long time.  It's one of those blogs that I read a lot when I first became aware of blogs.  I'm awed by the way that Dannii lost so much weight - an inspiration.  She lost 100lbs just by changing her eating habits and focusing on what would make her as healthy as possible.  She regularly posts great ideas on her Instagram and she's super responsive on her Twitter account.  When I asked her for some advice on one of her recipes she responded really quickly.

She's also got a bit of a habit of posting beautiful avocado based pictures on Facebook.

So, I was extremely excited to hear about her book and even more excited when I was sent one to review.


Let me just start by saying that it is gorgeous.  The food photography is outstanding and accompanied by nutritional information, making it easy if you are using myfitnesspal or tracking your caloric intake on fitbit.  It has mouthwatering recipes.  D was really keen to get stuck in to the hot chocolate recipe straight away.


... and even Roo has taken a good old look!
 
I was a little bit frustrated that house moving meant that I couldn't try any of the recipes out but it was one of the first things I did in our first proper week in our new house.  Dannii recently became vegetarian but there are some meaty meals within there, including this sausage casserole.  We always seem to have Quorn sausages hiding in the freezer as a back up.  They worked perfectly in this recipe: -

'Recipe and images extracted from Hungry Healthy Happy by Dannii Martin, photography by Jacqui Melville. Published by Jacqui Small (£20).' As well as using Quorn sausages, we were out of celery so I doubled the button mushrooms.  I think it probably would have been better with the celery but it didn't have too negative an impact.  

Here's my attempt.  It was pretty good.  Really quick to make and far too quickly disappeared from plates.  I'm definitely going to be giving this another go.  A lot better than reaching for the ready made options!  I served with Dannii's roasted garlic mash.  Delicious.  

Want to see what other excellent bloggers thought of the book?  Check out Tin and ThymeFamily Friends Food and Fab Food 4 All.
 

©All images and content are copyright Kneadwhine and should not be reproduced without permission in any circumstances. Copyright 2011-2016 Knead Whine |