Pesto Peppers topped with Halloumi

Tuesday 14 February 2017
Yum
I was thinking about how I could make this one a reality for days.  Pesto and halloumi are great ingredients and this is a fairly quick meal which really doesn't need a lot on the side to make it filling.  I MIGHT have added a couple of hash browns after the shot - don't judge me!  I've been walking a lot recently.  My days off, I manage somewhere between 20 and 27 thousand steps.  I love my Fitbit Charge 2 - a Christmas present from Mr K.  I didn't realise how competitive I was until I got my Flex last year!

Stats: Makes six halves, which works out well for our family - two for the adults, one each for the children.  Although these were made on an evening that the children weren't eating with us...

Ingredients: - 
75g couscous
Three large red peppers
40g pesto
120ml hot vegetable stock
six baby courgettes, or one normal one
ten cherry tomatoes
five baby corn
225g halloumi

Set the oven to 200°C to preheat the oven.  

Cut your peppers in half, remove seeds and pith and put to one side.

In a bowl, put your couscous, pesto and vegetable stock in to a bowl and leave for ten minutes.  

Thinly slice the baby corn and courgettes, quarter the tomatoes.  Add these to the couscous mixture and mix well.  Stuff the peppers and put in the oven for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, slice the halloumi a thumb thick and cook according to this recipe from Amuse Your Bouche.

Take the peppers out of the oven, top with halloumi and serve.


Looking for other things to do with halloumi?  Here are six recipes I've been lingering over this week: - 

This Harissa halloumi sandwich from Hungry Healthy Happy
This Sweet chilli and halloumi wrap from Celery & Cupcakes
Seaweed farfalle with pesto and chilli halloumi from Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary
 

©All images and content are copyright Kneadwhine and should not be reproduced without permission in any circumstances. Copyright 2011-2016 Knead Whine |