Nigella's Noodle salad... of a sort

Thursday 7 November 2013
Yum
My first experience of recipe blogs was looking for this recipe and it's one I've made many times.  I found it here and have changed it a little each time I've made it.  I like that it's different from a lot of other things that we eat in that it isn't Italian and it makes use of noodles outside of a stir fry.  It's a fairly popular dish with D and Mr K.  The problem I have with it is that it serves 6 and is massive.  Staying true to the recipe brought me out at about 20pp per portion I think.  Way too high.  So, I did some adapting and lowered quantities, bringing me out at this: -

Stats: -
Serves 6, 11 propoints per serving



For the sauce: -

15g chilli infused olive oil
15g soy sauce
15g sweet chilli sauce
84g reduced fat peanut butter
30g lime juice

For the salad: -

375g of noodles, cooked and rinsed with cold water
150g of sugar snap peas, sliced
100g radish, chopped into quarters
one red pepper, pit and stalk removed, sliced into slivers
100g beansprouts (although in a planning fail, our beansprouts were past their best.  This recipe should contain them but doesn't in the picture)
four spring onions, sliced finely
Two tablespoons of sesame seeds

Mix together all of the marinade ingredients in a small bowl.  Put together all of the salad ingredients in a big bowl and mix in the sauce.

Serve!

I actually halved the quantities this time as having half the mixture still in the fridge the next day is some kind of torture - I can't help but dig in.  It worked fine.
 

©All images and content are copyright Kneadwhine and should not be reproduced without permission in any circumstances. Copyright 2011-2016 Knead Whine |