Cashew butter with Maple syrup using Froothie

Tuesday 24 January 2017
Yum
Recently, Froothie sent me one of their hi-tech blenders to try out.  I'm currently putting it through its paces and I'm looking forward to sharing my thoughts on it.  I'm also looking forward to being able to give one away - look out for that post in the next couple of weeks!

One of the settings I was really keen to try out was the nut grinding capabilities of it.  Nuts can be really hard on blenders and the regular work of using a spatula to push it all down towards the blades.
I love cashew butter.  The kids love cashew butter.  Its a staple in our cupboards - it works brilliantly with baby-led weaning and works well to keep me fuller for longer and give a bit of a boost when I'm doing heavy walking days.  I'm really keen on Pip and Nut who make nut butters with extra flavouring.  I decided to make a cashew butter with maple because of their peanut and maple.

Well worth it.  Cashew is already quite a sweet nut but it works well with the maple.

Two ingredients.  A great little blender with a rotating blade that helps to push the ingredients down with little effort.  I found it needed three goes on the nut setting to get it to the right consistency - the second time it didn't really hold together as a spread.  If I hadn't been so impatient to try it (and the kids weren't clamouring), I might have just given it one more whizz for perfection.... but this is pretty close to it.



Ingredients

250g cashew nuts (raw)
20g of maple syrup

Put the two in the blender.  Grind, turning the rotating lid to push the ingredients down.

Serve on toast, crackers, oatcakes - whatever you've got to hand really!  Keep in the fridge in a jar.



I've been looking for other recipes to make, here are a few others that I want to make: -
Pear Nut Butter from Tin and Thyme
Chocolate Nut Butter from TinnedToms is one that I think would definitely appeal to the kids - I am concerned I might just want to dig in with a spoon myself though!
I hear so much about overnight oats and I really want to be a bit more organised and have it.  This recipe from Natural Kitchen Adventures combines cashew butter and overnight oats - worth a try I reckon.
Mocha Almond Butter from The Crafty Larder

For more ideas, keep an eye on #jumpstart17 on instagram and twitter.

I was sent a Froothie Optimum 2.3 Platinum blender to try - but the post is entirely my words.  They currently have a sale on, cutting the price in half, to help with those January resolutions.  As a Froothie ambassador, I can offer you free delivery, just enter the code '4051 free ambassador delivery' and the delivery charge will be credited back to your account.
 

©All images and content are copyright Kneadwhine and should not be reproduced without permission in any circumstances. Copyright 2011-2016 Knead Whine |